If you are using any Syscoin wallet from before Syscoin 3 you may experience issues sending your SYS to an exchange. These coins are not lost! There are a couple work arounds to recover the coins.
Why does this happen?
Syscoin 2.x and previous generations are on a separate chain than Syscoin 3.x and above. If you did not upgrade to Syscoin 3.x any transactions made after May 1, 2018 will be invalid.
How do I fix this?
First you will need to do a dumpwallet procedure as directed by this helpful guide by Syscoin Community Member JohnP! This entails:
- Dumpwallet from Syscoin 2.x
- Import the resulting dumpwallet file into a Syscoin 3.x wallet
Important: If you have tried to upgrade already, but did not complete the dumpwallet procedure prior to upgrading, you will need to revert back to Syscoin-Qt 2.x to resolve the issue.
If that does not work
- Uninstall and reinstall:
- Backup your wallet.dat
- Uninstall Blockmarket Desktop 3.x
- Install Syscoin-Qt 3.x
- Allow the system to fully sync
- Reinstall Blockmarket Desktop 3.x
- Check your firewall and router settings